Probing questions are all the same, or are they? There are many tricks and tactics that salespeople use to “get to the point”. The probing/qualifying questions that you use can make or break a sale.
What are the top probing questions?
- Are you in the market for a product or service?
- Are you involved in the decision-making process or who else can we talk with?
- What is your budget cycle?
- If you could change one thing about your current provider; what would that be?
- Are you open to reviewing my offering?
- What can I do to get your business?
The best salespeople ask better qualifying questions and they ask the questions during a friendly, casual conversation. Are probing questions all the same? Would you ask the same questions of an IT company as you would of a bakery?
Are all businesses the same? Many marketing companies believe that you can use the same approach for every company. We know that like businesses could be similar in nature but have specialties within the organization that need to be highlighted. If you are reaching out to a business that needs commercial cleaning, then we certainly want to ask these questions:
- How often do you have your building serviced?
- Do you have floors or equipment that requires specialized cleaning?
If you are reaching out to a company that needs HVAC equipment, you would ask these questions:
- Do you have any issues going on that need’s immediate attention?
- Do you have a preventative maintenance contract in place?
Probing questions are all the same – just as all businesses are the same -they are not and need customization to reach the right people for every market.
Let us help with your next marketing program. We can provide qualifying questions, complete scripting packages including objections and rebuttals.
Contact us for more information (888) 443-5247 or click here Online Calendar – Schedule time to talk