Business initiatives for new year
The purpose of marketing is to let prospects know about the product or services you offer and to persuade them to buy or use it. Effective marketing is letting people know about your product or services repeatedly.
- Analysis is the first step to developing an effective marketing strategy. What are my goals for my business? How do I accomplish those goals? What do I hope to accomplish this year? At the end of 2013, where do I want to be?
- Is it time to penetrate new markets? Do your research and capitalize on a market that has customers who are accessible, that is growing fast, and is not owned by one company. Develop an opportunity to provide products and services to an industry that other businesses have overlooked. Examine the primary target market for your product or service, including geographic location, demographics, your target market’s needs and how these needs are being met currently?
- Analyze Your Database. Are you adding new clients to your customer base? Your existing clients are your best source of referrals and your best source of advertising. Remember, referrals are made based on personal reputations and solid relationships. Once a successful project has been completed for a client, let your clients know how much you appreciate them.
- Management Focus. Review your business structure and management resources, including your internal management team, external management resources, and human resources needs.
- Finances. Budget for a successful new year. Regardless of your budget size, it will go much further if you plan ahead. A strong financial plan will prevent headaches and guarantee success.
- Marketing materials. Maybe a new image for the New Year will give you the business makeover you are seeking. Have you considered why a competitor’s business gets more attention than yours? The answer just may just be marketing materials and collateral. You have given a great deal of time to select your company name and believe it speaks to who you are and what you do. Now you need to choose a graphic image that stays in your customer’s mind. Use this for flyers, business cards and any type of advertising for your business
Success is a result of setting goals and taking clear steps towards those initiatives. strong entrepreneurs achieve success by developing a step-by-step marketing plan to ensure that they reap the ultimate business rewards.