When you choose a marketing firm to provide services for your business, they might request that you complete a new client questionnaire. This information will give companies an in depth understanding of your product or service.
General questions that might be on the questionnaire include:
1. What is your business? This should give a complete understanding of the service or product your company has to offer.
2. How long have you been in business? This question will provide insight to a company with multiple years of experience and company history. A marketing firm could also learn how the business got started and future goals.
3. What are your company goals for the next year? 5 years and 10 years? Give thoughts as to what direction you intend to take your business in the future.
4. Who are your competitors? Knowing who you are competing with will assist a marketing firm in preparing a better campaign.
5. What makes your business stand out from your competitors? Do you offer better customer service? What would make me choose your company over another?
6. Who is your ideal customer? This question will help direct all marketing efforts toward the correct clientèle. Are you trying to reach a certain industry that has an immediate need or maybe you are looking for long term business, say 6 months down the road.
7. What size business are you looking to target? Do you want to reach out to business with 20+ employees or maybe $500,000 in sales per year? This question assists in narrowing the contact list for prime targets.
Taking the time to answer the new client questionnaire will give you greater success with a marketing program. Successes cannot always be measured with instant sales. Sometimes the successes come with immediate sales; calls back at a later date and long term business prospects of 6 months out.
When a future client requests information from us at Rich Enterprises, our process is to have a new client questionnaire filled out. Our questionnaire is used to provide pertinent details on the interior workings of your business and to create a custom approach for your marketing program.
We use your questionnaire, your company website and other marketing collateral to develop a unique approach for your business.
We don’t have a one size fits all business program