Start now to kick off your campaign
As the New Year approaches, we need to jump-start our business marketing resolutions. Deciding what is going to be your successful game plan for 2013 can be quite a challenge.
Here are some tips for a successful year of fulfilled resolutions:
1. Keep a Positive Focus. Do you want more clients? Do you want to grow your business? Your attitude is your most powerful marketing asset. Anticipating success is the first step to achieving it. Having a positive attitude doesn’t cost you a penny and can earn you a fortune.
2. Write or Revise Your Marketing Plan. When was the last time you took a look at your marketing plans? Does your marketing amount to a collection of marketing tactics without any underlying strategy holding it together? An alternative is to create a plan to succeed. Write a marketing plan based on a clear set of marketing principles and include distinct and measurable goals.
3. Define Your Marketing Strategies. Wanting to double your business and setting your revenue targets is a first step. The next is to define the specific strategies you will use to achieve these objectives.
4. Institute a Process for Improving Your Marketing. Allocate the time and resources to improve your firm’s marketing, whether it’s a question of training, coaching with experts, or simply reading up on specific marketing tactics.
5. Use Client-Centered Marketing. The best way to get attention is to focus on your clients’ concerns. Establish ways to get constant feedback and input from prospects and clients. Use a client-centered approach in everything from your marketing message to ads to descriptions of products and services.
6. Follow Up and Stay Organized. Every person who visits your web site, calls you on the phone, orders a product or uses your services is a potential for a sale and then a repeat sale. Create a system for following up with people who have expressed interest, as well as those who have demonstrated a commitment by buying your products and using your services.
The keys to a successful business year include proper education or training, a clear goal, detailed research, a comprehensive business plan and follow-through.