Scheduling tasks and meetings is very important working insales or any profession where every minute of the day counts since Time is Money. More importantly, keeping to a tight schedule is vital.
The average sales
person has a to-do list something like this:
calls – Continuing calls where you have started a relationship.
calls – Returning calls to those who have reached out to you.
calls – Making fresh prospecting calls
4. Planning – Taking the time to plan new accounts and business for the day weekand month
5. Training – Keeping
fresh and abreast of the latest trends
notes of contacts and future follow-up.
With a schedule this tight, how do you keep productive and timely with contacts that arefashionably late to conference calls or set meetings remembering Time is Money?
Here are some ideas:
1. Conference calls – Set up conference calls via Outlook or some other calendarthat gives options for reminders. Set your reminders for 2 days out and then 1 hour before and then the final reminder-10 minutes before conference time.
2. Flexibility– When setting up conference times, be flexible on time slots. We areall busy and being accommodating is appreciated by all.
3. Be nice. Try to be understanding on late contacts. After all, things happen thatwe cannot always control.
4. Signs. All sales people know when they are being “blown off”. Be aware of the signs. If your prospect is not really ready to set up a meeting with you but you insist-chances are you are not going to be top priority for a conference call or meeting.
There is nothing worse for me than being late or someone not showing up for ascheduled meeting. Take into consideration all factors before disregarding your prospect. Remember time is money for you and for your prospects.
Professional sales people don’t waste time and prospects and contacts respect those who understand this rule: Be punctual, so that sales and long term businessrelationships will fall into place.
Are you ready to start your next successful marketing campaign? Contact us to hear more! (888) 443-5247
Since 1999, we have helped business across the USA and Canada reach their sales goals. We offer a suite of lead generation, telemarketing and inside sales services, that delivers the magic recipe to ensure your success!
Rich Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1999 on the premise that businesses must always seek new revenues and opportunities in order to succeed. Our core mission is to increase the sales and revenues of our clients by providing qualified sales leads and new appointments through cold calling, B2B telemarketing, business development, and inside sales services. Our business is growing your business!